Work Visa Information

We are excited to extend the opportunity to obtain a work visa for the 2023/24 school year to all eligible teachers at La Casita de Inglés! 

In order to be eligible, you must:

  • Have had a student visa for at least one full year
  • Have worked for La Casita for at least one school year
  • Have a positive recommendation from your Casita manager(s)
  • Be willing to commit to the full schedule:
    • Monday-Saturday Home Circle. 2 – 3 hours per day.
    • September Camp
    • Christmas Camp
    • Easter Camp
    • Summer Camp
    • Días Sin Cole
  • Have patience and trust in the process

It should be noted that, in order to have a work visa in Spain, you only need to fulfill an annual minimum salary requirement. Working the full schedule listed above will meet that requirement, but your monthly salary will fluctuate because you will still be paid per shift/hourly. So, for example, you will earn less in October than July, because there are more hours with summer camp in July than regular Home Circle shifts in October. It is important that you factor this in with your personal monthly budget. There may be other opportunities to earn more through workshops, minicamps, prep hours, etc., but these are not guaranteed. 

We understand that working Monday through Saturday and all holiday camps is a huge commitment. Depending on the success of the new online adult program, we may be able to balance some of your hours working teaching online in the morning or other evenings instead of Home Circle. 

We all know how tedious and impractical working with the Spanish bureaucracy can be for certain things. Therefore, anyone who is interested in this opportunity, should start gathering all of the required information and documents now, to be turned in after the holidays in January for the next school year.

If you don’t already have the Cl@ve and certificado digital, we strongly suggest that you get them ASAP, as they will make requesting some documents and checking their status much easier. 

We have compiled a list of documents that others have had requested in their experiences to help guide you. The lawyers may ask you for others, but this is a great start, especially for those you will need appointments/citas for. 

Documents needed:

  • Contract from La Casita
  • Carta de aprovechamiento (An official certification from the university or institution of higher education, indicating that you have regularly attended classes or research tutorials and that the research/coursework is progressing adequately. It can be issued by the academic coordinator, the director of the department of the university where you had been or the thesis or dissertation director.)
    • For every single year
  • Name of both parents
  • Padrón actualizado (current certificate of residence “Empadronado/Empadronamiento”)
  • Certificado de estar al día con la SS y Hacienda (we provide)
  • SSN document 
  • Spanish phone number
  • Copies of all previous TIEs
  • Copies of all previous Visas
  • Copies of all previous letters and approvals of intention to extend Visas
  • Documentation proving that you have not received a scholarship or subsidy from public or private organizations within Spanish cooperation or development programs or from the country of origin. To this end, you must submit:
    • Certificate from the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID), certifying that the interested party has not been awarded a scholarship or subsidized by public or private organizations within Spanish cooperation or development programs
    • Certificate from the Diplomatic Mission or Consular Office or from the authorities of the country of origin on the cause of the impossibility of accrediting this point, accompanying a sworn statement of the interested party stating that they have not received a scholarship.
      • Go to your embassy and ask for BECA (need a cita)
      • You won’t get the same thing that is needed but it’s what they’ll take
      • Needs to be translated with sworn translator
        • We recommend Alba Fernandez, 
        • She charges between 27 and 32€ per page and will have it returned in 2-3 business days, providing a stamped PDF
      • Needs to be authenticated, in-person cita takes forever but you can mail it
  • Delitos Sexuales
  • Background check from your home country
    • An old copy, from original visa application, depending on time spent out of Spain
    • Spanish background check, only 3€
  • A certificate stating that the applicant does not suffer from any disease that could have a severe impact on public health according to International Health Regulations.
  • Copy of every page of your passport
    • You may have to turn in your physical passport to the embassy 
  • Three passport sized photographs
  • Copy of both sides of your NIE
  • Job offer with the labor conditions (we will provide)
  • Full description of the job and the company’s activity (we will provide)
  • Application form 
  • Visa fee paid at the time of submission (ask Alex)

Anyone who is interested in this opportunity should email Emily directly as soon as possible with the subject “(Your Name) Work Visa”. From there, we will communicate with your Casita manager(s) and talk about the next steps, but you are free to start gathering all of the documents you will need immediately. 

This will be an ongoing and lengthy process. As long as you are patient, diligent and responsible, after one year you will be granted the ever-so-coveted work visa!

We hope that this will be a great chance for a lot of you to stay in Spain and continue growing with La Casita!